"Be The Change That You Wish To See In The World" - Gandhi

I am at a place in life that I can't stand the fact of just existing.  With the coming and going of years I have this desire to make the piece of the world I live in a better place.  My outlet or soap box is our future youth.  I am a former classroom teacher who is in her first year as an assistant principal.  This transition I made was to expand the impact of influence beyond my kids in my classroom to an entire school.  I know some may find it cliche but I do believe the children are our future.  There are so many searching for purpose and meaning.  That is where we come in.  Planting the seeds of hope to inspire them to reach higher and further than their present circumstances allows them to believe are possible.  This burning fire inside me to be more impactful in this piece of the world I dwell is not for self, not for power, not for personal significance.  It is because I can't stand the fact of being consumed by self, material objects, a me mentality.  I want something more.  I want to know that a simple smile gave a person a moment of joy.  When I have that need to share a compliment I don't keep it to myself but give it to that person who just maybe needed to hear that simple kind word.    The need to give more and not expect to get anything from it for myself beyond the feeling I did something that had a moment of positive influence of another.  I would love to see our country seek out opportunities to love more, laugh more, give more, forgive more, share more, just simply be more we instead of me.  Well this is my first blog for the books.  I hope to share moments as I am on this journey and just maybe have a ripple effect on others.

Blessings,

B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog